Well, I guess this blog will turn into more a journal of sorts for me. At least for a little while. I'll try to post more definite stories from time to time, but until that time, I'll just keep posting little daily recaps. Or not. Who knows what will happen. I think in one of my previous posts I promised to tell some stories I had to share. But now I can't remember what those stories were.
This morning I attended a four hour (yes, four hour) training for work on how to be safe on "aerial platforms" -- so our Genie lift, and the loading dock where we load the counterweights onto the fly system. It could have been done in an hour tops, but the trainer kept changing the subject and spent ten minutes showing us random YouTube videos of funny accidents... I didn't mind so much because I was getting paid to be there, but it was a rather boring morning.
After that I went home for a delicious lunch. Leftovers from our Cinco de Mayo dinner we had last night.
Then back to work I went to take down the sound shell from the concert on Saturday night and to clean out the cage. The cage is where we keep a whole bunch of stuff, but it gets messy from time to time. It looks great now, though!
I had a great time tonight at FHE with the ward. I usually don't enjoy the sports nights because they can get out of hand, but tonight was actually a lot of fun. We played a game called "Quad Ball" which is sort of a mix between soccer, football, basketball, and kick-the-can. There might be one other sport in there, but you know me and sports. We're like two acquaintances who only run into each other on occasion and it's always awkward because you never know each others' names but you never want to ask because then it would be... awkward. I do better with solo sports, I suppose. Anyway, tonight was a lot of fun. There are a lot of good people in the ward.
Side note about relationships. It sucks when you have something that feels really great for a time, but when that ends, despite your best intentions, you revert back to where you were before you started being together. And unfortunately, we started dating pretty quickly -- before we could build up a solid base of friendship. So, being back to where we were before we started dating is like being back to brief conversations in the halls once a week and little-to-no interaction throughout the week.
I didn't want to break off our relationship, but it was something I felt needed to be done... I'm still not sure why. I knew I wasn't able to put into the relationship as much as she was, and I don't know why. There was no reason it shouldn't have worked. It seems to be really hard for her, but, because we don't talk that much, I don't really know how she is feeling anymore. That's the hardest part.
Even though we are no longer dating, I still wanted to be good friends. I miss spending time with her and I miss having someone I can do nice things for, if that makes sense. It's hard for me being at this place where we are now. Maybe it's just really hard for her to be back to being friends with someone she used to date. I don't know. But I want to know. She has a dance recital this week that I've been planning to go to for two months, but whenever I ask her about it now, she changes the subject or tries to brush it off. Even though we are not dating, I would still like to go as her friend, but I don't think she wants me to come.
Maybe one of the four people that look at this blog could give me some advice. Because I sure don't know what I'm doing; I'm still new to this whole dating thing.
Anyway, thanks for reading.
Monday, May 6, 2013
Monday, Monday....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment